About | Featured | Website

Monday, April 2, 2012

The best kind of weekend

You know that feeling of opening a window in spring and the fresh air just flooding in? My weekend felt like that mixed with chocolate fumes. Kenny had a busy Saturday so I had a quiet morning of tea and blogs and reading and cleaning. It's funny how every day of the work week (and Sunday), I have the hardest time getting out of bed to get ready to work, but on Saturday morning I wake up on my own bright and early at 7:30. Not sure how my body knows its the one day that I can sleep in... In the afternoon, I made some Chocolate Meringues found on Smitten Kitchen and they turned out really yummy. My husband is a chocolate chip cookie lover, but I get a bit tired of the same ol' so I'm trying to stretch us just a tad:)



 Saturday night was spent with family and pizza, which might have attributed to us falling asleep with the light on at 8 PM. It was so nice just lounging in bed reading and talking and watching Friends until we dozed off. Sunday capped off the weekend with fajitas at the in-laws and a drive through Baltimore in the sprinkling rain. 



I just realized that I'm a week into my third trimester! Wow has this gone by so fast. My mother-in-law got us the cutest little stripey onesies the other day and I just cannot wait to see my little boy bundled up in them. Oh man, all this little boy stuff is making me giggle:)



Have a good weekend yourself? Tell me your favorite little memory.






Also, just found this shop and it makes me want a big yard and huge garden:
Cubits: Organic, rare and heirloom seeds.




7 comments:

  1. your weekend sounds lovely! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a really exciting Saturday afternoon what about that?

    And as far as chocolate chip cookies go they aren't broken so why are you trying to stretch us but these chocolate meringues are nice we just need a new name for them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thought I would stop by and shout out that I am still loving your blog:-) Those onesies are adorable, and baby boys are the greatest. My nephews are such fun.

    Oh! And for MY favorite little weekend memory: delivering bridal bouquets to this gorgeous venue http://www.meadowbrookhall.org/explore/history/meadowbrookhall was high up on my list. It was so great to see you a few weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Karyn! It was so sweet to get to spend some time with you and I hope we get to do that sometime again soon.
    That place looks incredible! The fact that it has a spot called the Pegasus garden alone makes it awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. may have to try those chocolate meringues! yum!

    little stripe boy onesies---so so cute. enjoy your last stretch :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a perfect weekend. Being Irish I must first ask_ where did you get that tea-pot? Not that I need another one but it is really pretty.

    I have 3 boys so I am swooning over those stripes. I love stripes on little boys...too cute and as for the meringues. I think they will be perfect for Easter Sunday in an Eton mess ....yum.
    Hope you have another lovely weekend .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brenda, I actually got the teapot as a bridesmaid gift from my friend's wedding, so I'll have to ask her where she found it:) Stripes are sooo addicting!

    ReplyDelete