Owen and I have been blessed with so much mailbox love lately. There is something so gratifying about walking to your mailbox and getting a little surprise from a sweet friend. I just wanted to show you some of the amazingly talented and thoughtful friends that God has given me:)
While we were at the hospital with Owen, my sister brought us some things from home, one of which was this happy package from our friends in Idaho Christy and Brian. Christy is a really talented seamstress and shows off some of her awesome projects on her blog. Annnnd they're expecting a little boy this fall! Check out her cute posts on her blog A Revolving Lantern.
![]() |
| I believe the illustrations were provided by Brian:) |
![]() |
| Owen loves his new blanket. Thanks Christy! |
This one was delivered the old fashioned way. Mimi is the sister of my pastor so when we connected through each others blogs and Etsy shops she decided to send a little gift by hand. My pastor's wife gave this to us at church and it was just so sweet seeing Mimi's thoughtfulness. Check out her blog Vibrant Designs by Mimi and take a look at her store here. Thanks Mimi!!
Becca is one of my best friends from college and she first taught me how to knit (I'm still working on the same scarf I started when she showed me the ropes:) She sent Owen a very special blanket the is the maritime flag for the letter 'O'. We just love it.
Karyn and I went to college together and I still remember a little project she did about writing letters by hand and being inspired by Wendell Berry. Well, sure enough every now and again i get a little note from Karyn that brightens my day, including the cutest little booties for Owen Thank ya Karyn!
Naomi has the prettiest blog out there. Everything about her blog makes me think of springtime and open windows, and she just had a little baby girl that makes her blog even prettier. She sent over the cutest little (big:) bow tie for Owen, which was one of the accessories my husband was most excited about dressing our boy in:) It also happened to be chambray, my favorite. Go see her blog, seriously: Of Anselm.
Thank you ladies so much for the kind gifts and keeping us on your minds:)
P.S. A couple of our Horace & Mae photos were featured on the great design blog 6th Street Design School! The pics are available in the shop now:)




cool cool friends cool cool
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful little gifts! I love getting fun items in my mailbox. That's why I buy so much from shops on Etsy :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you guys liked the tie!!
ReplyDeleteGreat Post! Check out my blog www.nessa-mae.blogspot.co.uk , I post random posts, including fashion, tv, music & books etc and I ALWAYS follow back, so follow me if you like :)
ReplyDelete