About | Featured | Website

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Last Minute Thanksgiving Recipe

If you're anything like me, cooking tends to be very off the cuff and entirely too last minute. My Mom says that if she could do it again, she would work up a two week meal plan and stick to it. She has a friend who has a little box full of index cards, each with a weeks worth of meals, recipes and shopping lists. That way she can grab one on her way out the door to shop and she's got her plan in her hand. Someday. 
I'm slowly but surely coming across recipes that are hits for my little family that I'm compiling so that I have a few go-to's when I'm in a rush. I'm loving Pinterest as a little recipe book for some of our favorites. You can find my "Get in My Belly" board here.



I came across this recipe and thought it surely could not be true. Delicious Dinner Rolls in 30 minutes? No way. But I was so gratefully surprised when they not only turned out, but blew the socks off of my other hours long roll recipe. There is also a little guide for making the 3 dozen version, which is what I'm bringing to our Thanksgiving dinner.

Photo and Recipe from Real Mom Kitchen


Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

P.S. There are still a few days left to enter Christmas Giveaway #2 with Wassupbrothers. And here is a sneak peek of next weeks giveaway: Meyer Textile Co.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds good! I already chose something for our feast, but this sounds good for every day of the week! Esp for a busy mama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Its a great way to add a quick homey touch to a week day dinner. I hope you and your family have a good Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  2. Ah mah gash, these look so GOOD! I'd love to hear how your new spin on menu planning goes. It's amazing how long it can take, and I'm always looking for ways to be more efficient. Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving. Hugs to you, H + O (and your mom, and dad, and Ash, and Bran, and Cate, etc.) Miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Love. I hope your day is wonderful as well. Your little Helen is one of the people on my "what I'm grateful for" list:)

      Delete
  3. Wow, I'm definitely saving this recipe! My friend is bringing store-bought rolls to our Thanksgiving feast, so I'll just have to try them at home on an ordinary night... made special by delicious rolls. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly:) They are special! Have a great Thanksgiving:)

      Delete
  4. This sounds so great and so simple, unbelievable! Thank you so much for sharing this recipe!!! :)

    ReplyDelete