About | Featured | Website

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My Favorite {baby} Things


Since having some time to try out all our great baby shower gifts and products that I've bought for Owen, I thought I would share some of my favorite things. I have quite a few pregnant friends out there, so hopefully this can help give you an idea of some things to register for:)


Swaddles


I got two different swaddles and both of them serve their own purpose. The Aden & Anais swaddles are so light a pretty and perfect to use as an all around blanket. The fabric is a bit stretchy and they are very large clothes, so I have a hard time getting the swaddle tight, but they are a staple in my diaper bag. 
A British friend of mine gave me swaddles from her friends company Faye & Lou. The Cozio Muslins are a good size and the fabric is nice and tight, so they work great to make a strong swaddle. Owen loves being swaddled, so both of these have become essential to us.

Carriers



The Ergo Baby Carrier is fabulous. It fits both my husband and I (which helps me out a lot!) and is so comfortable and stable. When I put Owen in, it feels like he is in secure while still sitting high enough for him to have good airways. We forgot to register for it, but you have to use the infant insert for the first 4-6 months. Its like a little taco shell that the baby sits in and it keeps their head up high and supported.

The Sakura Bloom Sling is perfect when I need to make a quick stop and want to get him ready fast. The Irish Linen is so soft and the way it fits is surprisingly comfortable. 

Body Products

A & D ointment is necessary! It goes on and works like a charm. 'Nough said.

I've really like the Aveeno Baby Daily Care Lotion for clearing up Owen's cradle cap. It's not oily at all and feels so nice on his little head.

Aden & Anais Mum and Bub lotion is not only the cutest named product, but it is the best lotion for the much needed foot massage. I really took advantage of the Mum part of the name:) It is so silky smooth and light, it is a great lotion for a hot summer day.

Baby Holders


Owen used his Boppy Pillow almost from day one. Its great for nursing and he loves sitting in it. I do need to get a different cover for it though:)

Baby Bjorn Travel Crib - Oh man oh man. So light. So easy to open. So easy to close. The crib is a great size to take along anywhere. 

Take Along Swing - When I need a minute without Owen, I stick him in the swing and turn on the music and he loves it. The one I have has little dangly toys and he loves reaching for them and watching them move as he swings. So glad for this.


Diapers


My grandmother bought us a couple months of a cloth diaper service, since I had been wanting to try them out. I've loved cloth diapers, and have to say that the common complaint of messiness is really not an issue. As long as you secure them in the diaper covers well, they are as good if not better than the disposable diapers I've tried.
That being said, diaper covers are so varied, I've had quite a time of figuring out which work best for Owen. The Flip Diapers (above) are so cute and colorful and really cover up the cloth well. I've also found the Prorap Classic Diaper Cover to be less expensive and work very well. If only it came in some cuter colors.
The other diaper essential is a wet bag for our diaper bag. We usually bring along some disposables when we go out, but I don't like leaving them in my Mom's trash can:) The Fuzzi Bunz Diaper Tote is great at hiding the odor and manages to hold quite a few diapers.

Things I forgot to register for, bought and now use all the time:

Bottles - just in case you need to supplement
Pacifiers - I put one set on my registry, but have found it good to have a few for home and a few for the diaper bag.
Medela - My sister was kind enough to let me borrow hers and I've definitely put it to good use. I know everyone doesn't end up using these, but in our case Owen wasn't feeding very well, so it helped to show me how much he was eating from a bottle and ultimately helped him to finally start gaining weight. I don't know what I would have done without this!


That's pretty much all of the essential items we use, not to mention all of the adorable clothes and accessories we have (an Orioles baseball hat!). 
Hope this is helpful for filling out that registry:)

3 comments: