I can't keep it straight anymore. I'm pretty sure I told a couple people I was 32 weeks along recently. Oh well...
These days, I'm feeling more rolls than kicks from the boy. I'll be laying in bed and I can see some part of him move across my belly. It's kind of freaky. The weirdest part for me is being able to fell him right there. He's so close to us physically and so close to being ready for us to see him. Apparently, all of his sense have developed by this point. I find it incredible that he could most likely survive if he was delivered now. God has such an incredible way of creating. This whole process of pregnancy has only shown me more of God's perfect design in everything we do. And how crazy is it that an entire human being is being made right now in my belly!?! No machines, no medicine, no crazy lab experiments. It boggles my mind. I can't wait to hold my son and spend time with this new incredible creation.
The idea of Motherhood can be so overwhelming. I saw a quote the other day from Saint Augustine: "If I am Thy child, O God, it is because Thou gavest me such a mother." This makes me stop and think for quite a while about how motherhood isn't just about keeping the kid safe and sound until he's on his own; it's about raising up a new apologist for God. This person that you love and scold and kiss and discipline and teach is going to be a living example of God's word in your life. What a great burden that could be. What an incredible goal and challenge and lifelong task it actually is. I cannot wait to see how God uses my life to shape my son's and how God non-stop sanctifies me through the process.

You will be a great mother because you know how to love. Just from your words, it is clear you have so much love in your heart for this little one. Just remember when you get overwhelmed, that kids are resilient, and things will work out how they are supposed to whether you do everything correctly or not. :) Best of luck to you with the rest of your pregnancy and delivery.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Becca. That is such a great thing to remember! Kids are sooo resilient:)
DeleteSo exciting Jen! Great post too - the older I get (even though I don't have kids... yet :) ) the more I see the weight of parenthood rather than just the fun of it. But still, it seems like one of God's greatest gifts to His children!
ReplyDeleteJen, this is so exciting! Can't wait to see the little guy. You and Horace are going to be great parents!
ReplyDeleteThank you guys!!
ReplyDeleteThe photos of you and that adorable belly are so precious. How is that the same little girl that I used to share a room with? And the one who was always so skinny? And the one who wasn't comfortable around babies until they could walk and talk? You've come a long way, and I can't wait to see what else God has in store for you :)
ReplyDeleteAlso, as far as motherhood goes, it is the most terrifying, wonderful, frustrating, happy, sad, exciting, nerve-wracking, rewarding thing you'll ever do. My one piece of advice is to never doubt yourself. God gave you this baby because He knows that you will be exactly the mother that baby needs to succeed as a son of God. Someday that baby will say what Augustine said of his mother, but it will be about you.
You are too tooooo sweet. great advice btw. so important to trust that its all up to God in the end. I'm His tool, but he's the artist.
DeletePregnancy is such a powerful glimpse of our God.
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful.
So true:) thank you!
Deleteoh jeez. how precious are you?! love the nautical looking shirt. very appropriate :)
ReplyDeletehaha it's taken over my life:)
DeleteHow very excited you must be! You look beautiful with your baby bump.
ReplyDeletePregnancy goes by so fast, but the days after the baby comes fly by even faster. Take the time to live in the small moments :)
thanks so much mandie! I'm amazed how fast it's flown by already. I can't imagine what it's going to be like once he's here. thanks for the encouragement:)
DeleteI just stumbled across your blog- CONGRATULATIONS! You look beautiful :)
ReplyDeletexo
Bailey
http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.de/
Thanks Bailey:)
Delete