I love a great looking camera. They've become not only a way to take pictures, but also an accessory in and of themselves. I mean c'mon, did you really think the queen could be any cooler? Just give her a Leica and she is set.
| {via} |
I adore my Zenit TTL camera, but one of my favorite things about it is the leather holder and strap. There is something so wonderful about worn leather with scratches and tears and a bit of a weird smell. My Zenit hangs out right next to my Goodwilled Coach bag and they are just the best of friends.
There are so many ways to deck out your camera these days (thanks in part to Photojojo and their ridiculously fun camera supply shop), but I think the simplest and most significant way is to find a great strap. I was hunting for one for my husband and I came across this great Etsy shop that custom makes leather straps of all kinds for an insanely cheap price. I got this one for Kenny for Christmas and he adores it.
| {via} |
I also really love the look of the Chanel style purse strap on cameras too, this one from Fieldguided.
| {via} |
It's kind of sad to me that digital cameras these days have largely taken the route of function over form. Seriously, how big does a camera need to be?!?! Here are a couple of great looking digital cameras trying to keep style alive:
![]() |
| 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 |
Of course there is this beauty, the Hasselblad 503CWD:
| {via} |
One can dream...
Do you have a favorite style of camera or camera accessory? I would love to hear!


here's me looking nerdy the summer before you gave me that camera strap
ReplyDelete[http://www.flickr.com/photos/jtrovato/6309448544/]
also let me know if you get that hasselblad
ReplyDeleteyour next post should be on celebrities around the intertubes with cameras. You could have two categories, one would be "STYLISH" and the other would be "WHO'S CAMERA IS THAT? THAT'S NOT YOUR CAMERA"
ReplyDeleteI love the Chanel looking strap!
ReplyDelete