About | Featured | Website

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

its time



We finally had a snowy day last week. Well, it was more of an icy day than a snowy one. But still, just seeing the snowfall outside my bedroom window made it feel like its finally Christmas. We live somewhat in the woods, so trees fill up the window and our yard is the perfect wintry setting. I'm loving the light flooding our house and beautiful feel of the snow under our boots. Its such a rare thing for snow to last in Maryland, so we're enjoying it as much as we can. We also got our tree and we were just happy to have some time to get it ready for Owen and place it in our house. It smells so good every time I walk inside and Owen can't get enough of it. He actually does have some self-control when it comes to the ornaments too. Also, as you can see below, he loves chocolate almost more than we do. I love seeing his excitement and cannot wait for Christmas morning.

Merry Christmas!



Make your own rustic ornament - 1. Saw off the bottom of the tree. 2. Write your little note, initials, etc using a sharpie or some permanent pen. 3. Drill another hole for the twine, or if yours has a hole, just take the twine through and you're done! We have one for each year we had a tree:)
Horace took this on his large format and then developed and printed them for our friends and family. I love how they turned out! (Owen is stunned by the dancing Elmo on top of the camera:)



Horace & Mae Photography
Facebook | Website 


You can find that awesome Mercator K55K knife at Best Made Co. Such a cool shop.

11 comments:

  1. Love these! I seriously want to get our boys together someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a sweet tale of a tree/family/Christmas/chocolate! Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owen's hot chocolate face - the best.

    These are seriously wonderful. The colors make for a perfect Christmas mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. right?! He freaks out whenever we have any form of chocolate:)
      Thanks!
      ~J

      Delete
  4. Love the ornament idea! And of course the beautiful pics of your beautiful family. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the simple wood ornament (and your beautiful photos) very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! So glad you enjoyed:)
      ~Jennifer

      Delete
  6. Great photos, Jen! And I love the homemade ornaments!

    ReplyDelete