One of the greatest things I've learned since getting married and starting a family is that it doesn't matter where you are or what is going on around you, your family is your home.
There is such a great freedom in the feeling of driving in the car with Horace and Owen and knowing that its just us and wherever we are, we're together and that's everything. It doesn't matter where we live or what everyone else is doing.
God wrote our family story for us and just us and we get to live it out as best as we can.
Its so easy to zone out of these moments and let them pass by, but those are the moments that define us as a family.
The "stuff" doesn't matter. What matters is how we tell God's grace through our family.
(most photos taken and developed by Horace)
Where you find these little moments with your family. Is it in the car? On the couch? Outside?
I would love the hear!





First to comment again...ha. I think Jim and I felt really the most like family when we joined out Church. We took vows, in front of everyone together to and then we sit in the same place every week to worship God. It is just nice to be Parkins. Grown up, independent, God worshiping Parkins.
ReplyDeleteLove that Anna!
Delete~J
Wonderful words! I find those moments when I am sitting on the couch with my husband and my dog. It's the moment when I just feel overwhelmingly blessed and thankful. Sure, there's other stuff going on that isn't fun, but the Lord has blessed me with a wonderful family and I am so thankful!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet Ashley. God is so wonderful even in the midst of trials and always gives us good things to focus on:) Thanks for sharing!
Delete~Jennifer