I have told so many people about this recipe because it is simply the best. Everyone that I've made it for has loved it and I get cravings for it every now and again! I used to not be a big fan of quiche (too runny and spongy), but this one is so hearty and delicious, I just can't get enough of it. It takes a while to make, but the ingredients are so basic, it is quite fun to put together.
Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Caramelized Onion Quiche (my hubby wanted a piece right when it came out of the oven :)
I use Pillsbury pre-made pie crusts, but I bet homemade pie crust would take this to the next level.
My crust doesn't always look good, but it works:)
I got some time to make this while everyone was out of the house, otherwise the bacon would not have made it into the pan:)
We had a freak spring weather day in the middle of January, so I got to cook with the door open and the breeze blowing.
The recipe calls for Gruyere, which can be quite expensive, so I substituted Jarlsberg and it was a good replacement. If you can afford Gruyere, do it.
![]() |
| Recipe modified from Southern Living Magazine |
Enjoy!












Mmm I love it when you make this! It really is just delicious. Your photos are gorgeous - I feel like I was in the kitchen with you while you were cooking! Love you!
ReplyDeleteoh this is the best and I love your pictures
ReplyDeleteThis looks like a quiche that's worth trying! Thanks for the recipe :)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, that looks amazing! I love anything with caramelized onions! Oh, and your pictures are seriously gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ashley! So sweet:)
Delete~Jennifer
yummy, looks delicious!
ReplyDelete-s.
serioussarahblog.blogspot.com