About | Featured | Website

Thursday, May 31, 2012

yum


I just love baking bread.


I was sitting at my table yesterday wondering what to do for lunch and I realized we were out of bread and I had no car to go to the store, so I made some. And it was good.

Here is the recipe. Nothing special, but it made my husband happy.








Check out my baby bump featured on Spearmint Baby:)

10 comments:

  1. That sounds pretty easy! Thanks for posting. I've always wanted to bake my own bread and I love the kind with the thicker/crispier crust

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super easy. You should totally make some up. My friend pointed me to this recipe too, for a bread with thicker crust like you like: http://simplysogood.blogspot.com/2010/03/crusty-bread.html
      I haven't made it yet, but she swears by it:)
      ~Jennifer

      Delete
  2. That looks really yummy Jennifer! Wow! Thanks for sharing the recipe with us, I'd like to try it someday! :)

    When it comes to recipes, do you have a way of keeping up with old ones and new ones? Like a recipe notebook or online folder? I'm just curious. :P My cooking journey has only just begun! And I'm sure you're A LOT more experienced than me when it comes to cooking! :)

    xo -Shar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I'm so bad at keeping recipes handy! I usually just have a list going in my head of my husband's favorites, which are pretty easy to remember because he is so easy to please:) I really like using pinterest for keeping online recipes though. It makes it so easy to find ones I've tried and liked. And seriously, I'm not that experienced. Every now and again I'll try something that takes a little more time, but BLTs are a constant in our family diet:) Always good to have a few basics and then spread out from there!
      ~Jennifer

      Delete
  3. There's just something special about using your bare hands and a handful of ingredients to feed those you love, isn't there? Bread might be my very favourite thing to make

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For real. I love it when the bread starts to take its own shape and then just sits in the oven so peacefully:) It is so wonderful knowing how much its going to be enjoyed as well! My husband gets so excited when I make it
      ~Jennifer

      Delete
  4. I love that when you make bread it makes your husband happy. Anna Mae would love that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh, I want to try that recipe now! I've been saying for the longest time that I want to learn how to make bread. Maybe the time has come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yumm :) we went on a kick the first maybe 6 months of marriage where i only made our bread - but now i've relented and we buy it for sandwiches and french toast and i bake it for sunday dinners and picnics :)

    ReplyDelete