About | Featured | Website

Friday, May 11, 2012

Sweet Friends and Mailbox Love



I just love waddling out to the front of our apartment in the afternoon, squinting my eyes after being inside at the computer all morning and opening up that little oblong box that has our name misspelled. Some days, its just ads and pennysavers, but every now and again, a sweet little note or box from a friend will be sitting in the mailbox that just makes me waddle back inside as fast as I can to open it.





My precious (and gorgeous) friend Anastasia sent me a little something this last week that made my husband make a sound I have never heard from him, something like a giggle/laugh/coo. It was weird, but the perfect expression of how awesome this little present is. Anastasia is an awesome knitter and she made us this incredible little lion for our baby boy! I can't wait for him to snuggle with it.




Rachel, another gorgeous friend of mine, is just the best at sending little notes and letters. They always feel so heartfelt and thoughtful and of course with handwriting and words like hers, make you feel like your looking at a letter from Jane Austen. She is so awesome at keeping in touch and makes me feel like she's always thinking of me:) She recently sent me a little envelope with a couple of pages and some tea. Oh how sweet it was to sip and read and feel like we're not hundreds of miles apart!





I am so blessed with wonderful friends who inspire me with their kindness. I think one of the greatest things I've learned from these and other ladies is that no matter how small or how random or how "just checking in on you" a note is, it is always met with a heart that needed it at that exact moment.


Love you girls!



P.S. 


Check out this giveaway on Bhrett's blog - a free 8x10 print from our shop Horace and Mae!


Also, my awesome baby shower was recently featured on Spearmint Baby:) Take a look at their cute site.






linking up with: Blog Hop Till you Drop

6 comments:

  1. oh how sweet! there is nothing in the world like having wonderful friends...the ones that no amount of miles could separate from the heart! What a blessing! So glad you (and baby) have been receiving lots of love!...makes everything so much better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for fabulous friends!!! I came across your blog today and just love it. Following you for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love snail mail! Pretty pics

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little lion is precious! What a sweet gift to welcome your little one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just the sweetest. (Always have been, always will be.) Love you so much, Jenny <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. this images are so beautiful! and that little present is more than perfect! i can't believe she knitted that for you, how precious :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete