This week has been relaxing, mixed with sweet time spent with our families. Last night we had my husband's Mom and Nana over to play some canasta and eat dessert. A beautiful spring evening spent with family is surely one of the sweetest things:)
.jpg) |
| Canasta, flourless chocolate cake + gelato and espresso. |
.jpg) |
| the groom and the brother |
We went to my husband's sister's wedding last weekend and we had such a beautiful and fun time! The whole thing was just full of excitement and happiness. My husband was in the wedding party (his sister married one of his best friends:) so I got to tag along to the pictures at a historical site with old buildings right on the river. What a gorgeous sweet memory.
.jpg) |
| ahh can't get enough of the beach |
.jpg) |
| we watched some planes take off at a nearby airport |
.jpg) |
| spring is here! |
.jpg) |
| Horace's favorite reason for loving the new season... busting out the Chacos. |
.jpg) |
| And finally, one of my favorite parts of springtime...short shorts!!! I can't really wear them much this year, so my precious niece will have to wear them for me:) |
This weekend we are taking a little trip to D.C. for our own little "babymoon"! I can't wait to stay in a hotel and eat out and see the cherry blossoms. I'll post some of our pictures when we return:)
Have a great weekend!
P.S. Here is the recipe for my favorite dessert ever. It is so easy, quick and incredibly delicious. Flourless Chocolate Cake.
Mrs. Trovato never ages - she's so beautiful! Haha, I guess you're Mrs. Trovato now too, so I'll revise and specify Jana! Enjoy your weekend getaway :)
ReplyDeletehave so much fun on your babymoon!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your 'moon trip. I've never been to DC (weird, we live in Philly...), but I'm sure it will be amazing!
ReplyDeleteI know Rebecca! She is so beautiful:)
ReplyDeleteThanks!
~Jennifer
I miss your mother-in-law. Very much. Have an awesome babymoon!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Friday!
ReplyDeleteCute little short shorts!
ReplyDeletelove the seashells on the beach!
ReplyDeletehttp://xoxo-carolinalove.blogspot.com
Hooray for Spring! And flourless chocolate cake? Yes please :)
ReplyDeleteOh, love this post! It made me think of night spent hanging out with my grandparents over a game of cards and a plate of olives and cheese. Such a precious list of "little things"!
ReplyDeleteThanks for linking up with me! Your blog is so sweet!
cool blog babe
ReplyDeleteThanks all!
ReplyDelete