Last weekend, Horace and I went to D.C. for our last little "planned" getaway before the baby comes (perhaps we'll sneak in a spontaneous adventure before June:). We got a Living Social deal for this nice hotel on Massachusetts Ave. and just happened to book it for the week that the cherry blossoms peaked! All week, Horace was telling me he had a little surprise to go along with our trip and I could not figure it out for the life of me. Finally, he pulled up into our driveway in a shiny and sleek black Corvette! His uncle generously let us borrow it for the weekend and it was seriously so much fun. It was a manual so I did not dare go near the wheel, but just sitting in the passenger seat with the top down and the wind consuming my hair was a blast.
.jpg) |
| Cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcakes and wine in our room when we got there! |
.jpg) |
| hotel exploration mildly ensues |
.jpg) |
| Yummy dinner outside on the street. |
.jpg) |
| Truffle Fries make me so happy:) |
.jpg) |
| Horace finds popping into pictures in the background humorous. |
.jpg) |
| as well as eating the little blooms |
.jpg) |
| The Air and Space museum had the coolest photo exhibit of airplanes. Maryland! |
.jpg) |
| The National Harbor beach. I don't get it, but it was nifty. |
.jpg) |
| Apparently, thai places have awesome tea. It was so sweet and delicious even though it looked like a carrot smoothie. |
We had such a lovely weekend.
Lovely photos! Looks like a pretty awesome trip. (Just tried Thai tea for the first time this week, too...i might be slightly addicted.)
ReplyDeleteoh man, the best fun
ReplyDeleteThanks!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a wonderful time! And you took some great pics especially all those pretty blooms!
ReplyDeleteThanks! The blooms were so incredibly gorgeous. I especially like the crisp white ones:)
ReplyDeleteoh your weekend looked lovely. The air and space museum looks super fun. I'll have to convince my husband to let my nerdy side indulge when we visit. Glad you had a nice babymoon :)
ReplyDeletewhat fun!! and what fun pictures! lucky you!!
ReplyDeleteI am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
happy WW!
Thanks so much!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great weekend! Love the cherry blossoms.
ReplyDeleteSeems like you had a great time! :-)
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful photos!! I especially love the pretty trees :) You have such a lovely blog!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a pretty amazing weekend. I'm jealous you got to see the cherry blossoms at their peak. So pretty.
ReplyDelete