Well, I'm proving to be terrible at keeping up with this 52 weeks project, but I suppose a post at all is better than none. So here are a few photos of O that have been floating around on my computer that I want to remember. And also a poem.
![]() |
a portrait of my son | once a week in 2014
Owen - Like I said, I've been bad about keeping up with taking a photo of you every week. Help me out with that. I want to remember this little poem because it so very perfectly captures my favorite moments with you.
One Good Thing
by Edwin Romond It's been a dead parade of hours since 5 AM a march of the bland with the meaningless and I can think of nothing I have done to merit mentioning or remembering. But now, at 8 pm, I am bathing my son in a tub filled with bubbles and blue battleships, the soapy water over his Irish white skin makes him glisten like a glazed doughnut and I should tell him to stop splashing but this is the first time all day I have felt like living so how can I scold my boy who's found joy in something ordinary as water? And when I wash his hair with Buzz Lightyear shampoo, Liam closes his eyes and smiles like a puppy being petted as I massage the sweet lotion into his red curls and I know this is one good thing I have done with my life this day that has waited for this moment of water on my sleeve and soap on my nose to turn emptiness into ecstasy.
Horace & Mae Photography
Website | Facebook |



He looks like he's working on his masters in that first pic :)
ReplyDeleteYou are too hard on yourself. You have more pictures posted than not. And you're an amazing mother to boot :)