I'm starting a new project with a group of amazing photographers aimed at stretching our abilities and connecting our stories. Our Different Sameness will feature our photos every month, exploring a variety of subjects and ideas. This month, our topic was vulnerability and it was definitely a stretch for me. Trying to set up and take a photo that had something to say and a bigger meaning to convey was a great challenge.
![]() |
Vulnerability can be a great insecurity and also a wonderful characteristic in a person. I takes me a really long time to become good friends with people, the kind of friends that can just be around each other without entertaining or trying to keep conversation fresh. I often don't want to be vulnerable because I don't want to put stress on the other person or I don't want to be a burden and so I share much less than is conducive to a great friendship. But my sweetest friends seem to be those that have opened themselves up to me in such a way that they show that my opinion or advice matters to them. They become vulnerable to me, not to burden me, but just because they want to hear my thoughts. Vulnerability is a servant-hearted characteristic, when done well. You want to know what the other person thinks more than you care about how the situation makes you look. Christ became vulnerable. He became a feeling, crying, heavy-hearted man because he knew that we needed to see that part of Him. We need to see others vulnerability in order to know that we are not alone in our struggle. We need to be vulnerable in order to share the love of Christ in our deep troubles. To see the rest of this months photos, head over to ourdifferentsameness.com . Check out the about section to learn more about the project and about the photographers. Horace & Mae Photography Website | Facebook |

I love your image! its very disarming, a simple pair of hands but captured in such a way that immediately translates to so many things; hope, love, peace, rest and complete vulnerability. I also love your words, very emotive and honest as well as thought provoking…beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThank you Joel! That's so kind of you:) Your photos were incredible.
Delete~Jennifer
Love you Jen. Thanks for being my friend. Email coming soon.
ReplyDeleteI love you girl. You are the best. I'm so glad God put you in my life so many many years ago:) Can't wait for your email.
Delete~J
Like an opening rose. Perfect.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Brandon:)
Delete~Jen
Beautiful words and image to begin this challenging project! I adore your work!
ReplyDeleteThank you Jill! I really loved yours as well. So happy to be doing this with you all!
Delete~Jen
vulnerability really does require an openness and your image portrays it beautifully. and i'm the same way with friends. i'm so glad that i will get to learn more about you and your work through this project.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Kara. I think more people are like us than we realize:) I'm so very excited as well and I'll be sure to follow along with your work!
Delete~Jen