About | Featured | Website

Monday, January 13, 2014

B&W


Film is our absolute favorite. It makes you slow down to take the picture, it has that indescribable feel and its just so cool to have the photo in physical form. The imperfections usually add to the photo making you care more about whats in the picture than the actual data on the image. The only downside to shooting film is the backlog that can sometimes happen when it comes to developing. Right now on our camera shelf, we have over 10 rolls of 35mm and 120mm film just sitting waiting to get developed. Horace can develop a few of these on his own, but the rest have to get sent out. Some might say this is part of the draw of film, you can't just sit and download the photo you just took and post it all over the web a matter of minutes after you shot it. It takes time and effort to see your photo and for some reason you love a simple photo much more on film than you would have on your computer screen. I do see the irony in that I'm posting film photos on the computer:) 

It's been a while since we've gotten ours developed so these are quite old by now. These were taken by both of us on a bunch of different cameras (Pentax K1000, Olympus XA, OM-1, Koni-Omega) and developed by Horace. I love sharing our film photos and I hope you enjoy them! 







Horace & Mae Photography

Website | Facebook

1 comment: