About | Featured | Website

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tradlands

Today, I want to highlight the opening of a great new women's clothing shop from San Francisco called Tradlands. I came across the shop a few weeks before they opened, and began to eagerly await the grand opening to see what was offered. As expected, the shop is just gorgeous. I talked with the duo behind Tradlands, Sadie and Jeremy, about what got them started and what keeps them going:




What is your goal with Tradlands? Our goal is to make the best clothing for our customers. In our debut line, we have found hard-wearing fabrics, like raw denim and washed linen, details including lacquered brass snaps, and paired them with feminine yet relaxed silhouettes.

How does it work? We are making our shirts in small batches, so when those run out, we find new materials and make more. Each shirt becomes a limited edition product.  


How does living in San Francisco influence your work? San Francisco is the place where Jeremy and I met, where we created Tradlands, and where our goods are sewn. So it is a big part of our brand. All of our shirts are named after places in San Francisco. We have Western Addition, EMB, and Alamo Square, to name a few. 


I love the timeless quality of your shirts. What drew you to create a new version of the Oxford? There is a wonderful energy and movement here to own well-constructed products that outlast fads. We felt like we had something to contribute to the American-made movement for women.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go check out Tradlands and let me know which shirt you like. I'm a sucker for that Hayes Valley beauty. There is just something about that California vibe that makes me want to grab one of those shirts and run outside to find some sun. I'm wishing I was in CA on this cold dreary East Coast day!

Make sure to follow Tradlands to keep up with their new styles.

Thanks Sadie and Jeremy!

3 comments:

  1. You are gorgeous and I adore your style. Have always wanted to visit San Fran! I will get there one day.

    Between the lines

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great site!! I am glad I stumbled upon your blog then upon there site. Great feature.
    Almost Endearing
    My Shop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks again to Jennifer for the kind words :)
    And hello to fans and readers of jt and the sea. We look forward to talking with you all again.

    ReplyDelete