About | Featured | Website

Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Giveaway #5: Kallio NYC

I've been a longtime subscriber to the Very Short List newsletter and I adore the interesting articles and websites that they feature. But when I saw sweet little childrens clothing in the VSL email, I was a bit surprised. They were drawing attention to an adorable made-in-NY shop called Kallio NYC that takes used men's oxford shirts and repurposes them into children's outfits and accessories. I don't usually see children in the newsletter so it was a sweet and very gratefully received surprise.

So, for the last of the 2012 Christmas Giveaways, you have the chance to win any piece from Kallio NYC!


shop / facebook / twitter

Karina (the owner and maker behind Kallio) has put care into being thoughtful about their creative practices and has produced an adorable collection based on this mindset.

"Kallio was inspired by a desire to re-look at the clothing industry from the perspective of sustainable practices. 
For our first seasons collection, pre-loved men’s shirts are collected, sorted, dissected, resewn in ethical factories and given new life. Nothing is wasted. 

The basic clothing from previous generations becomes the one-of-a-kind fashion of the next. The cycle continues."


I don't think I can take any more cuteness. 



Are those not the most adorable clothes ever?!? So cute and cozy and 100% made in the USA. (Side note, I wish I had that little blonde lady's hair:)



Karina is giving away ANY PIECE from her shop to our winner! How cool is that? And as a bonus, Karina is giving all JT and the Sea readers a 10% discount with the code JTANDTHESEA2012 , valid until December 31, 2012.

To Enter

Visit Kallio NYC and leave a comment telling us your favorite piece. Make sure to leave your email in the comment so we can get a hold of you!

For additional entries:

Like Kallio on Facebook
Follow jt and the sea on GFC
Favorite Kallio NYC on Etsy
Follow Kallio on Twitter
Follow jt and the sea on Twitter
Share this giveaway on Facebook (leave the URL in a comment)


*Please leave an separate comment for each entry!*

The Giveaway will end on Sunday at midnight 12/23

Good Luck!

P.S. Congrats to Rachel Mayer on winning Christmas Giveaway #4 with Miskwill Jewelry!

(P.P.S. For a bonus entry, pin this giveaway on Pinterest! Leave a comment with the url of your pin:)


UPDATE: Congrats to Katherine Estes on winning the Kallio NYC giveaway! Thanks to all of the awesome shops that participated in the Christmas Giveaways this year:

Bohemian Atelier

Wassupbrothers

Meyer Textile Co.

Miskwill Jewelry

Kallio NYC



80 comments:

  1. The collared long sleeve school dress is adorable! So much cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would probably force myself to choose between the collared long sleeve school dress or the hooded cape. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh man, too many to chose from, but the flannel hooded shirt is pretty adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great idea, and such beautiful designs. It has to be the hooded cape, size 2 in red/black buffalo plaid. Which one do you have your eye on, Jenny?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I"m eyeing up this one: http://www.etsy.com/listing/105364904/hooded-fall-shirt-for-girls-boys-size-2

      Delete
    2. Cute, cute, cute! Gosh, your O must be so fun to dress up! B and I are loving the 'post-massage' photo you put on instagram. What a little stud ;)

      Delete
  5. Share giveaway on fb: yes. (http://www.facebook.com/rachel.b.irish)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kimono Sleeve dress- I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I'm torn, as they're all beautiful, but I really do love the collared long-sleeved school dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what beautiful clothing nice quality, just adorable selections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey anonymous make sure to leave your email so i can get in touch if you win!

      Delete
  9. The wool tunic dress is my favorite. Very stylish!
    smchester at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked Kallio on Facebook as Susan Chester.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The HOODED FALL SHIRT with contrast hood for Girls & Boys is adorable
    msbrown.deb@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOODED FALL SHIRT with contrast hood for Girls & Boys Size 8 to 9

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite is the HOODED FALL SHIRT in Flannel for Girls & Boys Size 8 to 9.

    monster6236 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the Hi-Lo Skirt Size 6 in red!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the hooded fall shirt
    henaabbas@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love this for my niece-

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/116740344/wool-tunic-dress-size-2-to-3

    lauren51990 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would love this for my niece-

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/116740344/wool-tunic-dress-size-2-to-3

    lauren51990 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love this for my niece-

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/116740344/wool-tunic-dress-size-2-to-3

    lauren51990 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would love this for my niece-

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/116740344/wool-tunic-dress-size-2-to-3

    lauren51990 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would love this for my niece-

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/116740344/wool-tunic-dress-size-2-to-3

    lauren51990 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would love this for my niece-

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/116740344/wool-tunic-dress-size-2-to-3

    lauren51990 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the Collared Long Sleeve School Dress.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Favorite Kallio NYC on Etsy

    DarcyLucilly

    ReplyDelete
  24. FB post: https://www.facebook.com/GallowayLeslie/posts/317255571723827

    ReplyDelete
  25. My favorite is the HOODED FALL SHIRT in Flannel for Girls & Boys
    makeighleekyleigh at yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. My favorite is the Wool Tunic Dress.

    sharklady71@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I liked Kallio on facebook.

    sharklady71@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Like on FB under Holly Lampi Trudeau
    hollytrudeau@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Follow on GFC under Holly Trudeau
    hollytrudeau@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Favorited on Etsy under Holly Lampi Trudeau

    ReplyDelete
  31. I Follow kallio on Twitter under @HollsTru77

    ReplyDelete
  32. Following jt & the sea on Twitter under @HollsTru77

    ReplyDelete
  33. i like Collared Long Sleeve School Dress

    Anna

    ksurty@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Liked Kallio on Facebook-annushka s.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Following Kallio on Twitter-annakulu1

    ReplyDelete
  36. Following jt and the sea on Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  37. shared-https://www.facebook.com/annushka.solovey/posts/561877077160649

    ReplyDelete
  38. ADORE the Hooded Cape :)

    ktgonyea at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. one of the dresses! cute!

    emily
    emilyannogle@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I would like the WOOL TUNIC DRESS
    shawnac68@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. I like the HOODED FALL SHIRT in Flannel for boys size 6
    mmclean13 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I follow Kallio on twitter @cheapandcreativ

    ReplyDelete
  43. I really love this School Dress: http://www.etsy.com/listing/109195848/collared-long-sleeve-school-dress-size

    megnate at telus dot net

    ReplyDelete
  44. I like Kallio on facebook (same name)

    megnate at telus dot net

    ReplyDelete
  45. I follow you on GFC (same name)

    megnate at telus dot net

    ReplyDelete
  46. I heart Kallio on etsy (id: megnate)

    megnate at telus dot net

    ReplyDelete
  47. I follow Kallio on twitter as @zaira_faith

    megnate at telus dot net

    ReplyDelete
  48. I follow you on twitter as @zaira_faith

    megnate at telus dot net

    ReplyDelete
  49. favorite item = Collared Long Sleeve School Dress Size 6

    ReplyDelete
  50. Collared Long Sleeve School Dress size 6
    OR the Hooded Fall Shirt for Girls & Boys in the Green Indigo in a 2-3 size

    ReplyDelete
  51. Follow Kallio on Twitter hmahan_0529
    AND I forgot my email in all of those

    hmahan_0529 @yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  52. I like the Collared Long Sleeve School Dress in 18 months.
    ericacarnes(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  53. I like the WOOL TUNIC DRESS..
    ltlbit1@hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  54. I follow via GFC as jeanne conner

    ltlbit1@hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  55. I love the checked baby romper
    crazyweirdo33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  56. I like kallio on fb under Sarah cool
    Crazyweirdo33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  57. i like the hooded cape size 2
    susansmoaks at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete