I've lately been feeling like my days are quite mundane: Get dressed, get Owen dressed, change Owen's diaper right after he gets dressed, feed Owen, exercise fix lunch, read a bit, you get the idea. It's so easy to feel like these days are boring and slow, but I was lately reminded that even this work is of immeasurable value. I love Martin Luther's sermon where he responds to people who look at married life and parenthood as drudgery:
"What then does Christian faith say to this? It opens its eyes, looks upon all these insignificant, distasteful, and despised duties in the Spirit, and is aware that they are all adorned with divine approval as with the costliest gold and jewels."
At some point during (most of) Owen's nap time, I cannot wait until he wakes up. It is so marvelous to get to take care of this little guy and to be his mom. I often think of Luther's quote as I'm changing Owen's diaper and am always reminded of the wonderful work God has put in front of me. You're bound to have mundane days here and there, but what a blessing it is to know that these are all part of your story as a mother. I'm sure I will look back and wish for these days once I have a little posse of mini Horaces running around my ankles:)
We've been trying to get out of the house more and we are so blessed to live near family and in a beautiful area. We are always grateful for little outings to the local coffee shops, lunches out and about, and of course plenty of family (and just mom and dad) dates with Horace. Family life is simply marvelous.
I've been working on coming up with some projects for myself while Owen sleeps and hopefully will be blogging about them soon. Also, I have some fun giveaways coming up over the next few weeks, which have little to do with babies, so every one can get in on the fun:) Make sure to come around so you don't miss out!

beautiful babe, thanks for the encouragement
ReplyDeletelove
Deleteyou're a true momma... all these feeling...
ReplyDeletemy momma told me about them! but i can't wait to have these feelings by my self... in maybe ten years :D
It's kind of a nice comfort to know they're pretty universal feelings:) Someday!
DeleteI can't wait to be a muma :) This photo is precious.
ReplyDeleteThanks Gaby:) It is simply the best!
Delete~Jennifer
That picture is so precious! Creating and/or appreciating beauty from/in the mundane has sort of been my motto lately. Being a mama is the most sacrificial beautiful job in the world. Like the two above ladies... Can't wait to be one... Except, yes, yes I can. I love being where I am now. Late twenties me can have babies. Eighteen year old me can get off the internet and do my homework. xo Deanna
ReplyDeleteCurly Adventures
Thank you Deanna! There is such beauty in the simple everyday jobs we have to do, no matter what stage you are in life:)
Delete~Jennifer
Jenny, you're just delightful. Love you.
ReplyDeleteThanks Lovey:)
Delete