I have safely returned from one of the greatest trips I have ever taken. I think the only way to give a thorough retelling of our journey is to post my journal, which I wrote in every day(big accomplishment right there:).But before I do that, I'll just ramble a bit:
The other of the greatest trips that I have taken was last summer, with my dad. We got in the car early in the morning and he asked me which way to drive: North, South, East or West. I chose West, who knows why. We started off to the West and drove for about 4 hours until we stopped in some little town and continued to do this until we came to Deep Creek lake and stayed in a lakeside hotel for the next two nights. We rented a boat and spent the whole day out on the water fishing, talking and relaxing. There wasn't much to it, but simplicity makes for the most cherished memories.
Day 1
March 1, 2008
He who is judged by a first impression, is judged unfairly. I make a pretty bad first impression. My closest friends are the ones who have known me basically since the beginning. It takes time for me to warm up to people.
When we reached Galway, via Dublin-departed bus, I had a bad first impression. It was raining(obviously), it was much smaller than I expected and we could only find two possible accommodations. Ashely and I were also running on about 4 hours of sleep over the past two day(ask her for a detailed explanation of why this was).
After going back and forth between two hostels, we chose Kinlay House, right off of Eyre Square, which is the city center. We paid 33 Euros each for a private room, which seemed like a splurge, but was truly worth it(especially since we wanted to go to bed early).
Once our heavy backpacks were laid aside in our room, we went out to find some dinner. While looking for a simple meal, we fell upon the rest of the city. One winding road followed another winding road filled with shops, pubs and restaurants. Especially impressive was this one lane, where there was a whole road with nothing but restaurant after restaurant. We found Rierdan's and enjoyed baked Salmon and garlic potatoes. The Salmon was probably taken right tout of the River Corrib, which runs through the city. I heard that the Salmon fishing is so good, that fisherman will reserve spots to fish in the river a year in advance!
At first glance, I felt completely intimidated by her. After just a few short hours, she seems to be a dear friend.~
March 1, 2008
He who is judged by a first impression, is judged unfairly. I make a pretty bad first impression. My closest friends are the ones who have known me basically since the beginning. It takes time for me to warm up to people.
When we reached Galway, via Dublin-departed bus, I had a bad first impression. It was raining(obviously), it was much smaller than I expected and we could only find two possible accommodations. Ashely and I were also running on about 4 hours of sleep over the past two day(ask her for a detailed explanation of why this was).
After going back and forth between two hostels, we chose Kinlay House, right off of Eyre Square, which is the city center. We paid 33 Euros each for a private room, which seemed like a splurge, but was truly worth it(especially since we wanted to go to bed early).
Once our heavy backpacks were laid aside in our room, we went out to find some dinner. While looking for a simple meal, we fell upon the rest of the city. One winding road followed another winding road filled with shops, pubs and restaurants. Especially impressive was this one lane, where there was a whole road with nothing but restaurant after restaurant. We found Rierdan's and enjoyed baked Salmon and garlic potatoes. The Salmon was probably taken right tout of the River Corrib, which runs through the city. I heard that the Salmon fishing is so good, that fisherman will reserve spots to fish in the river a year in advance!
At first glance, I felt completely intimidated by her. After just a few short hours, she seems to be a dear friend.~
My Picks
Movie: No Country for Old Men- Awesome Awesome Awesome
Music: Declan O'Rourke Since Kyabram- I heard him over there and love his sound.
TV: Haven't watched any in a really long time, so I don't know.
For the Girls: Lush We found this store in Cork and loved it.
For the Boys: "If he can say as you can Guinness is good for you How grand to be a Toucan Just think what Toucan do "
Movie: No Country for Old Men- Awesome Awesome Awesome
Music: Declan O'Rourke Since Kyabram- I heard him over there and love his sound.
TV: Haven't watched any in a really long time, so I don't know.
For the Girls: Lush We found this store in Cork and loved it.
For the Boys: "If he can say as you can Guinness is good for you How grand to be a Toucan Just think what Toucan do "
Happy Saint Patrick's Day!
Thats great Jen, can't wait to hear more!
ReplyDeleteT
It sounds even better the second time. Can you post the next installment sooner than next Monday?
ReplyDeleteMom
you should do one installment a day, since we were there for 12 days. That will put you to almost when we leave for Idaho! :)
ReplyDeleteDorothy Sayers is schweet.
Thanks for writing this.
ReplyDelete