About | Featured | Website

Monday, January 26, 2015

Some things I've been wanting to tell someone

by my Horace

  • Fischer is having a sale!
  • Grandma's Secret Spot Remover is the best out there. I've tried everything, Oxi Clean, Shout, you name it. This gets out anything your toddler chooses to lather himself in on any given day. 
  • My husband told me about the band Lucius and I can't stop listening. Girl vocals, tons of harmony, check them out. (p.s. their album is on Spotify) (p.p.s I'm so not on top of music lately, as witnessed here, but I recently kind of realized that I get a lot of my music taste from my mom, who listened to oldies, which weren't oldies when she originally listened to them lol, and some modern pop/rock with us, as well as the occasional classical station and talk radio:). I remember talking about music with her and being challenged about my choices (A Backstreet Boys CD for $20?!?)  I love that she didn't try to filter our music (except for that one time I tried so hard to prove that Spice Girls was totally worth listening to) and because of that, I think we had a better chance of liking good music. There are lines to draw everywhere, but I hope that I can give this to my kids as well).
  • I love this post (and all the "Life in a tiny apartment" posts). This one talks about how you should just buy the nice pretty thing you want that might get stained and toddlerd. Our things are supposed to be used and loved. Our houses are supposed to be beautiful and in need of cleaning. Get that gorgeous cream baby blanket and use it up. 





    2 comments:

    1. Awesome! I miss these old link-ful blog posts.

      P.S. Here's a blogging tip from your non-bloggy husband, you can embed a link to a Spotify playlist that pops it up so they can listen to it.

      ReplyDelete