![]() |
| Since moving into our most recent home, one of the things I look forward to the most after winter is planting our spring garden. While Horace does most of the heavy lifting (and tilling and planting and weeding:), I love watching the seeds sprout up and make their way into the ground to begin growing us some delicious tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and herbs. Taking the hose out to water the baby plants seems a bit abrasive at first, but once we're mid-summer, the water from the spout doesn't seem to be enough. The sandy ground here soaks up water like a sieve. After a lot of research, Horace saved some of his heirloom tomato seeds from last year and we were so happy to see them sprout a few weeks ago. The ability to take last years spoils and use them again makes us feel like we're getting away with something. A good bit of work. Free food. Endless enjoyment. This post is part of a group blog : Our Different Sameness Make sure to check out the other additions to this months prompt all about Earth. |
Wednesday, April 30, 2014
Our Different Sameness : April
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I just love this image. Simply beautiful. And, I really enjoyed reading about your experience in gardening. There is nothing like watching things come alive, right? You nourish it, it nourishes you, and so on. Wonderful.
ReplyDelete