I love watching the Fashion Week photos roll in but as they do I find it funny how fashion is an outlet for ideals, even those that a lot of people don't want to see. Of course, one of the most commonly berated ideals of the fashion world is the lack of specific gender identities. It seems that women tend to look like men, men tend to look like women and often, you can't even tell if the model is a girl or boy. This common sight makes it even more refreshing when you see designers who care about celebrating the female form and highlighting a masculine sensibility. I love seeing clothes that just look good on a woman or make a man look really sharp. Here are my favorites "Just Plain Swell" looks from Fashion Week.
 |
| Anna Sui- Not a big fan of the sock, but I love the girly-vintage style. |
|
While we're at it, here is my favorite shoe designer: G.H. Bass & Co.
I know exactly what you mean. I hate the androgynous look, and generally don't like runway fashion at all. These are great, though! Especially liking the high-waisted trousers by de la Renta (even though I don't think I could pull it off - my hips don't lie).
ReplyDelete